Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Start of an obsession

My interest started years ago. I lived with my ex and his mother had a knife. It was a cheese spreader with a fish on the end. I would use it any time I had the chance. When it came time for me to leave his mother gifted it to me.


I knew right then that I wanted to see what more was out there.
 
My second discovery was at a church community "yard sale". It was fourth of july themed knives. While these are very basic I loveee these ones. They are festive and fun. They also have a slight glitter coating.
 
 
One year for Christmas after my obsession had reached the ears of family and friends, one of my best friends gifted me knives with mixed drink tops along with a key lime cheese ball. She also gifted me a cheese knife block with  my last name "K" on it. It came with a cheese spreader  but its plain. I did not take a photo of that one.
 
 
These next set of knives were collected over several Christmas festivals called "Maryland Festival of Trees". I purchased the polar bear knife with the lights my first year, and the polar bear holding a present along with the mittens knife the second year.
 
 
 
 
 
Group photo :)
 
These following two were gifted to me for my birthday (in august) and for Christmas this year by family. One is a flip-flop and the other is just Christmas themed. The flip-flop came from a gift shop in the Outer Banks, North Carolina.
 
 
 
 
Finally my newest additions are the Christmas knives and the teapot/teacup set. These were gifted to me by my mother this week. The tea set was in great condition and I adore them. My new favorites. However, the other Christmas knives seem to be worn out. I am considering repainting them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Great new blog! I've added a link to it from my blog, too. I'm newly excited that there is another collector of these ridiculous little cheese spreaders besides myself on Blogger now. I'm glad you've joined me in Cheese Spreader Madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and about touching up the spreader handles: undoubtedly someone washed them in the DISHWASHER, which should never, ever be done. I bought a set of 15 Sharpie markers in a rainbow of colors that I use to touch up the handles if the paint is chipped or worn off. Good luck with your repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if you add a gadget that allows people to sign up to follow you by email, I will subscribe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added a subscription option. I just havent been on the site in awhile and havent gotten any more spreaders yet. But a friend of mine just told me she picked one up for me so im excited :)

    ReplyDelete